BETH DUMAN SEMINAR
MARCH 16-18, 2012
Wolf Park – Forty Years of Learning
GUEST SPEAKER: Beth Duman
Have you always wondered what it’s like to work one-on-one with wolves? Get the scoop from Wolf Park staff members Monty Sloan and Pat Goodmann. Wolf Park leads the pack in using positive training methods to interact with their captive
This seminar will give you a chance to meet some wolves and pick the brains of those who know them intimately. Certified dog trainer Beth Duman will coach you on using the same positive training methods to work with your dogs at home. Special emphasis will be given to play behavior in both wolves and dogs including input from researchers Karen Davis, PhD, Camille Ward, PhD and Barbara Smutts, PhD.
This seminar will include:
- Information gleaned from Wolf Park’s forty years of working with captive wolves
- Dominance – what it means for wolves and dogs
- The trainability of wolves vs dogs
- Reward based training methods that can be used with both wolves and dogs
- Time for wolf observation
- Hands-on interaction with Wolf Park wolves
- Hands-on training experience with some very savvy dogs – lots of training games and tips to take to your canine buddies at home
- Lively discussion, lots of sharing and time for some fun!
CEU Credits: 14 for trainers, 12.5 for behavior consultants.