Interested in a career working with animals? There is no better way to get experience than with an immersive, hands-on adventure at a working wildlife facility. Experience every part of a full-time job at a non-profit animal facility, including:
- Behavioral Training- practical skills and application of positive reinforcement, clicker training, mark and capture.
- Animal Husbandry- feeding, medicating, health observation, maintenance of enclosures, and environmental enrichment.
- Safe Handling Practices- Ethology and identifying behavioral cues.
- Teamwork and Independence- Interns will have a variety of tasks over the course of their stay that may require them to work as a team as well as other tasks that will require them to work independently.
- Interpersonal Skills- Interns will gain experience within their duties to learn skills such as prioritizing, decision making, multitasking, as well as learning your limits and pushing beyond them.
- Non-profit Business Management- includes areas in marketing, grant writing, fundraising, networking, outreach, and membership coordination.
- Public Relations- Interns will interact and work with the public by working customer service in our gift shop, giving tours, and answering visitor questions.
- Research Experience- Interns may have the opportunity to observe research that is currently being conducted by visiting researchers, with the direct permission of each researcher. During the months of January and February interns will participate in our in house observational research. Interns are trained and prepared to conduct our breeding season watch behavioral research.
- Daily Operations of a Non Profit- Interns will be asked to assist in the following areas: office/clerical, maintenance of grounds, manual labor, retail and admissions.
Wolf Park accepts internship applications year round. Applicants are often college students, but student status is not required. Applicants must be 18 or over. For more information, visit our web site, call our office at (765) 567-2265, or click here.